Friday, September 21, 2012

Wings by Little Mix

"Mama told me not to waste my life. She said spread your wings my little butterfly. Don't let what they say keep you up at night and if they give you shh, then they can walk on by!" These are the words to a song that I am in love with. Its by a British girl band named Little Mix.

Whenever I heard this song for the first time, I got the message right away. This is honestly my favorite girl group and they are really talented. Telling listeners to not listen to the hater in their lives and to be all they can. My favorite line is "And they can't detain you, these wings are made to fly!"

They are from the UK as well and they are very sensational over here in the US. Just how the song is written is really genius and they are very clear with their message. It's like they're saying, "Haters, step aside. I've been given wings, it's time for me to fly!"

When they wrote the song, Perrie says that the band wanted to send out a message that if you chase your dreams and don't give up, your wings will take flight. You go Perrie! Zayn, her boyfriend, is in the spotlight right now as well. Being one of the heart throbs in the always gorgeous One Direction, they are always trying to record and balance a relationship. Both at which they are very good at.

Listen to the song and understand the message. Hope y'all enjoy it!






                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment