Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Demon of Screamin': Steven Tyler

Steven Tyler, the demon of screamin'. I am absolutely in love with Aerosmith, and of course Steven Tyler. He is my rock 'n' roll icon. The book tells about events in his life that lead to the 1970 forming of iconic band, Aerosmith.

Steven Victor Tallerico, was born in Bronx, NY on March 24, 1968. When he was old enough to travel, his parents headed straight to the town of Sunapee, New Hampshire. Growing up he was around music 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. His dad was in a band that did more of the ballroom music to entertain hotel guests.

Steven Tyler was a self-proclaimed mama's boy. Discovering drugs at the age of ten, he would try his hardest to find it and smoke them with his friends. Mama Tallerico wasn't very happy. Hiding stashes of drugs and other illegal things, his mom would raid his drawers and he would try to pry his mother away from the drawer. Steven would be grounded for weeks to months at a time.

Eleven days before his nineteenth birthday, Steven Tallerico was arrested for smoking pot. After all those years, the law had finally caught up to him. Susan, his mom, was not very pleased with Steven at the time. I mean, I would be too if that was my child. All in all, he always got his fair share of being cussed out and being beaten with a wooden spoon.

Sleep was always the first thing on Steven's mind. Having an apple tree in their back yard, Steven's dad would pick them and throw them at Steven to wake them up in the morning. After waking up, it was straight to the hotel they were playing at that night. You've got to start somewhere though right?


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy being my students' student, learning from what you know! I also like how you blend your responses to the reading in with the summary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:) 70s and 80s music is like a drug to me. Aerosmith is my favorite 70s band and Motley Crue and Poison are my favorite 80s bands.

    ReplyDelete