Tuesday, August 21, 2012

From Carowinds to Football Games:)

Summer break this year was quite interesting. During the break, I went to the beach, Carowinds, and a football game. My summer vacation was action packed and full of redneck moments and family time.

One of my favorite places to go during summer vacation is Carowinds. Carowinds is the thrill capital of the southeast. Every year, I go to Carowinds to ride the rollercoasters and goof off with my family. The Intimidator is my favorite ride over there and I ride it at least five times before ever leaving the park. Other rides that I enjoy screaming my heart out on are the Carolina Cobra, the Nighthawke, and the Afterburn. Going to Carwinds is a ritual for me. This year was the best by far. When I went with my aunt Shannon, we walked by the water park and my sister sees a water tank and hollers out, "I think they are heating up the water!" Dying of laughter, Megan was embarrassed.

Sand, sun, and fun. I'm talking about Wilmington, NC. Every year my parents take us to the beach. Getting down there is the longest drive ever. Arriving at the beach, we go straight for the boardwalk to go shopping. Usually we get a shirt and a shark tooth necklace. This year was simply the best. Robert Downey Jr, my absolute favorite actor from movies like Tropic Thunder and Iron Man, was at the beach filming for a movie, Safehaven. When the movie hits theaters, I will be going to see it.

Screaming fans, popcorn, peanuts, cotton candy. Thats a sure fire sign that football is starting back. My dad and I try to go to a football game every so often. He is a huge Carolina Panther fan. I, however, am a New England Patriots fan. My dad got tickets to the Miami at Carolina game last weekend. He called three people before asking me if I wanted to go. I accepted and went, hoping that Miami would annilate the Panthers, due to the fact that I cannot stand Cam Newton. We went and had our usual daddy/daughter time.

So this is what my summer vacation looks like. Enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Your family sounds like a hoot! I love the last line of your introduction, because it made me curious about the action and "redneck moments." I can tell you are a born storyteller. Also, feel free to introduce me to your new friend, Mr. Downey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad always says that he doesn't need boys because he has me and my sister. And I would have loved to meet Robert, unfortunately, he was filming a scene and they made him do it at least 6 or 7 times.

    ReplyDelete